I was having a conversation with my partner today about how we ended up in this present moment, our careers in focus and the waters ahead charted.
But it was not always like this.
We were younger once, and our minds fluttered with dreams. We casted a wide net and aspired to be many things: she, a teacher, a writer, and an architect; I, an architect, a photographer, and a musician.
Oh, how things have changed.
Oh, how things have stayed the same.
To the readers, what were your career aspirations growing up? Have they changed over the years? And what are you pursuing now? Leave your comments below.
- bellapadini likes this
- martimai likes this
- endless-emotion likes this
- rachanamehta answered: oh yus very much your aspirations with your age group and especially the development period say for adolescent influences every bit of it..
- givemethefalsetto answered: My first career aspirations were an economist and a comedian
- ohittearsmeup likes this
- tinynegi likes this
- lapsesofjudgment reblogged this from medicalstate
- definitelygoodlife reblogged this from medicalstate
- deep-dreemgrl likes this
- aclavijo answered: I wanted to become a doctor, but I’m studying engineering…dramatic change, isn’t it?
- jensaigal answered: I actually wanted to be an architect as well, up until my junior year of high school. Psychology/Biology and pre-med is my track now!
- angelamm likes this
- elaine4queen likes this
- rachelraaaaage answered: As a kid, I wanted to swim with Shamu when I grew up. Then it became medical interest, finally ending up in nursing school:]
- 5thand59th answered: When I was younger I told my parents I didn’t want to work when I was older. They refused to accept this and now I’m going to become a doctor
- selp08 likes this
- freckledog likes this
- tylr-rose answered: i wanted to be a photojournalist now i am premed (and hating it 50% o the time)
- smcgaughey answered: I too was going to go into architecture. After college I worked a year then switched back to medicine. I still love design though.
- initiatedthought answered: I dream of being a writer too - to express my thoughts and inspire others, a future doctor, and a photographer.
- cyanide-poisoning answered: At first, I want to be a musician, then an architect, then an artist, then a scientist, but when I went to 5th grade, that
- dustlands likes this
- bianka42 answered: Pianist, translator, chef, architect, mathematician and now medicine..
- monster-bunny likes this
- sonderambedo likes this
- drexlerr answered: I wanted to be an artist, a lawyer, a graphic designer, now a doctor. Oh the hoops you jump through!
- biognosis likes this
- plus3 likes this
- cloudstarwolf answered: All growing up/through 1st time in college: forest ranger with some fire science. Now studying as 1st yr RN. Still dream of the woods tho.
- memorieswillremainforever reblogged this from medicalstate
- memorieswillremainforever answered: I wanted to be an architect, forensic investigator or an archaeologist. Now I’m heading towards the medical field- psychiatry or pathology
- sushicunt likes this
- littiebirrrd likes this
- annie-ivory likes this
- lambertmonster answered: I always wanted to be a vet. That’s changed though, I now want to be an archaeologist. It is just more intriguing to me now.
- unchainedmadman answered: I wanted to be a chef when I was young, a photographer during school, and now I am a scrub tech. How things have changed, indeed.
- mekmilli reblogged this from medicalstate and added:
- sexnham likes this
- transcence likes this
- jessaaaaaa likes this
- madhattertendencies answered: beauty pageant queen, pianist, architect, interior designer, lawyer…
- woesandwy answered: I wanted to be an Astronaut as a kid, but I’ve develop an interest in Medicine growing up :) Now I’m in first yr proper x)
- innertwisted answered: I used to dream of becoming a professional barrel racer. Now I’m heading into medical school and following in my father’s steps.
- lafermeassurance likes this
- coffeebeanbags likes this
- wanderlust-jraiz likes this
- carbonfragment answered: Growing up, I didn’t visualize myself as anything except an illustrator. Now I’m aiming in the direction of medicine and education.
- pauvreman likes this