Posts tagged erythropoeitin
- Tutor: So what do you all think is going on with the patient's blood tests?
- A: Well, that hematocrit is abnormally high. Perhaps a result of the volume depletion?
- B: I agree, she has been dehydrated for some time, with the extra exercise she has been doing, I think it is a matter of concentration.
- C: Or maybe she is blood doping.
- A: What?
- C: She has been exercising more. Maybe she needed an edge in an upcoming competition.
- B: EPO? Really? She is fourteen.
- C: You never know.
- Tutor: Hm. So I am just going to override you there and say the patient is not blood doping. What else do you guys have?